Grouchy Old Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions

+10
upsred
deddycantshoot
benatsun
TA Drag Racer
dunhoo
dln1962
Sgt_Hiccup
K20a3si (Sean)
Hooster30
bird
14 posters

Go down

Introductions Empty Introductions

Post by bird Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:33 pm

Make a post and introduce your self. Make some new friends and enjoy.

bird
Admin

https://gogs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Re: Introductions

Post by Hooster30 Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:42 pm

Most (if not all) of you know me already from AGA, but here's a short intro.

My real name is Tom. I live in Michigan where I am an IT Manager at an automotive supplier company. I'm happily married with three kids - ages 18, 13, and 10. Been a fan of gaming my whole life, starting way back in the Atari 2600 days. I did get away from gaming in the mid-late 90s but came back to it late in the PS1 era (1998 I think it was).

Definitely glad to be a part of this group. All my friends I grew up with gaming gave it up when MW3 released. I've met some awesome people through AGA and CoD and a lot of you guys are now here for GOGs. Smile
Hooster30
Hooster30

Back to top Go down

Post by K20a3si (Sean) Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:25 pm

Hello all. My name is Sean and Im a lurker. I don't post much but believe it or not I have been around a while all the way back to the OFC days. I was actually member 100 before it balloned to over 1000 members. I shifted to AGA after the meltdown. I don't care for drama and just want to play. I have 4 kids ranging 18-9 all girls. I am currently working on my Masters degree so I game when I can. I live in Iowa and work as a Maintenance supervisor in a plant that makes Ammonia. I like long walks on the beach, wine at sunset, and someone with a good sence of humor.....
K20a3si (Sean)
K20a3si (Sean)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Hiccup Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:24 pm

Hello my name Bob I live in Cleveland Tennessee (just north of Chattanooga) I am soon to be divorced 2 kids 14 and 12 I am a PLC/robot programmer soon to work for a Large linoleum Mfg in Dalton Ga. I have been gaming since Black ops came out and have been part of OFC/AGA and GOG. don't really what the clan name as long as i get to game with the great friends I have met here. If I am not cooking I'm gaming when I don't have my kids. I cook a lot and am not a good gamer but a happy gamer so I always try to get better.
Sgt_Hiccup
Sgt_Hiccup
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dln1962 Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi I am Dave. Is this the gamer-a-holic's. then yes I am a gamer-a-holic. Sometimes I even bing game to a fault and start babbling about non-gaming stuff.

Actually all kidding aside I enjoy the personal one to one time I spend with you all more then the just the game's. I am sure no one is surprised by this and I know it annoy's the hell out of some that the last thing I want to talk to you about is the game. I ask questions about the game when needed and I am always looking for the next kill-whore that teaches me how to play better but frankly what is the point of a clan if not to associate with everyone a little about "life" outside the current game we play together.

I am sorry that offends and annoy's some and frankly I adjust my time with those folks to adapt to their desire to just swear and cuss at the current game code. But I don't enjoy that kind of gaming because being an IT guy I am actually surprised how well this stuff works instead of the other way around.

Outside working to live via an IT technician job I am an author, thinker, philosopher so bang, bung, shadoddle I am just the person some love to hate because I like to exchange opinions. Hate me, Love me. Sorry it is who I am and frankly I am happy with who I am so base your friendship with me on those flaws and or merits.

++++++
Hi I am Dave. Is this the gamer-a-holic's. then yes I am a gamer-a-holic. Sometimes I even bing game to a fault and start babbling about non-gaming stuff.

Enough said.

dln1962

Back to top Go down

Post by dunhoo Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:18 pm

My name is Duncan and I am 52 and living in Demark i Scandinavia. My wife Ester is danish and I have 2 daughters 23 and 19. I was born in England but moved to denmark with my wife in 1985. I work in the sales department for a company who produces vacuum toilets for trains. My gaming started back in the 80s on a Zx spectrum with 64 kb memory and programs were uploaded by a tape recorder. I started my COD career back in BLOPS and was a member of OFC and then AGA. I have never been very good but I always PTO and play to win no matter what, even if my kd takes a beating. I am on european time so I don't get to play with you guys as much as I would like. I have a chronic bad back efter 2 operations and only work part time and I have to lie down alot to relieve my pain therefore my set up is in our bedroom which means that late night gaming for me is a no go. See you online soon and thanks for letting me a member of the illustrious GOG clan

dunhoo

Back to top Go down

Post by TA Drag Racer Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:04 pm

Hey old guys. My name is Bob and I hail from SW Ohio. I play on PS4 and Xbox One.

My PSN tag is tadragrac, short for TA Drag Racer. I started using the tag in the old PC DOS/ early Windows era when you could only have 9 characters and no spaces. When I first got on PSN many years ago, I continued using it. Later when I started social gaming on XBL, I was called all sorts of things, tad rag, tad, and some more creative than that. I changed it on XBL to TA Drag Racer when I discovered I could use spaces and caps. I don't think PSN was as forgiving at the time, so I left it original. Most people just call me TA.

I play allot of Destiny, mostly Xbox One where I have three characters, one 32 and two 31. I have all the gear for 32, just need some shards and glimmer to make it happen.

I just progressed one PS4 character to 30. I am lacking parts and shards to get it to 31. So, anyone who wants to run VOG, let me know. Also happy to run Crota.

I have raided with a couple of groups of COGS, had a great time. I appreciate to opportunity to play with you whenever possible.
Feel free to add me to your friends list, I will do likewise. And if you ever play on the Xbox One, I am happy to game with you there as well.

Also, I read today that Borderlands is coming by to second gen in March. A combo pack containing BL2 and the Prequel.

I hope to see you online soon!

TA Drag Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by benatsun Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:37 pm

Bob, yes we run the VoG all the time to get shards/energies (and now we can get max-level exotics in random drops). Most of us have 31s working on Crota to get to 32, and a few, ahem, badasses out there are 32 and they are a BIG help finishing off Crota on the last stage.
benatsun
benatsun

Back to top Go down

Post by deddycantshoot Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:07 pm

TA Drag Racer wrote:Hey old guys.  My name is Bob and I hail from SW Ohio.  I play on PS4 and Xbox One.

My PSN tag is tadragrac, short for TA Drag Racer.  I started using the tag in the old PC DOS/ early Windows era when you could only have 9 characters and no spaces.  When I first got on PSN many years ago, I continued using it.  Later when I started social gaming on XBL, I was called all sorts of things, tad rag, tad, and some more creative than that.  I changed it on XBL to TA Drag Racer when I discovered I could use spaces and caps.  I don't think PSN was as forgiving at the time, so I left it original.  Most people just call me TA.

I play allot of Destiny, mostly Xbox One where I have three characters, one 32 and two 31.  I have all the gear for 32, just need some shards and glimmer to make it happen.

I just progressed one PS4 character to 30.  I am lacking parts and shards to get it to 31.  So, anyone who wants to run VOG, let me know.  Also happy to run Crota.

I have raided with a couple of groups of COGS, had a great time.  I appreciate to opportunity to play with you whenever possible.
Feel free to add me to your friends list, I will do likewise.  And if you ever play on the Xbox One, I am happy to game with you there as well.

Also, I read today that Borderlands is coming by to second gen in March.  A combo pack containing BL2 and the Prequel.  

I hope to see you online soon!

Guys keep me in mind when doing vog hard, i still need the fatebringer.
deddycantshoot
deddycantshoot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hooster30 Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:45 pm

I still need it as well, Shane. We should run it a few times this week.
Hooster30
Hooster30

Back to top Go down

Post by upsred Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:42 am

I'm in. I have gate keeper n gorgon chest save points. Hit me up if anyone needs it.

upsred

Back to top Go down

Post by TA Drag Racer Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:39 am

I don't have the Fatebringer either, but yesterday I got the Oversoul Edict doing the Hard Crota Raid. It a Primary Pulse Rifle which goes full auto and uses arc damage. It blows through Knight's Shields and has extra damage on Yellow bar Hive critters. I no longer miss having a Fatebringer, this thing is a beast

Several also got the Abyss Defiant. Auto Rifle which uses solar and disorients wizards. Both great guns.

You get the pulse just by beating the lamp area in a drop, and the auto rifle when you beat the bridge section. We also killed the wizard in the next section but for some reason the countdown continued and we wiped. Didn't make it to Crota yet, hopefully tonight.

TA Drag Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by deddycantshoot Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:09 pm

TA Drag Racer wrote:I don't have the Fatebringer either, but yesterday I got the Oversoul Edict doing the Hard Crota Raid.  It a Primary Pulse Rifle which goes full auto and uses arc damage.  It blows through Knight's Shields and has extra damage on Yellow bar Hive critters.  I no longer miss having a Fatebringer, this thing is a beast

Several also got the Abyss Defiant.  Auto Rifle which uses solar and disorients wizards.  Both great guns.

You get the pulse just by beating the lamp area in a drop, and the auto rifle when you beat the bridge section.  We also killed the wizard in the next section but for some reason the countdown continued and we wiped.  Didn't make it to Crota yet, hopefully tonight.  

Me grizz and dave beat the abyss,grizz got the the pulse rifle and me and dave just got shards.
deddycantshoot
deddycantshoot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TA Drag Racer Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:28 pm

Three warlocks can get past the second bridge. The horde will I de-spawn as before with the wipe and reserection of the warlock, then the other two can revive. You have to kill the sword carrier then sword walk across the void. Once on the other side, you have to kill the sword bearer, then hide as the other two snipe the ogres.

That sections pays off with the assault rifle and armor.

TA Drag Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiguy Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:27 pm

SPIGUY IS IN DA HOUUUUUUUSSSSSEEEEE@!!!!!!!

Spiguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jughead Wed May 27, 2015 11:33 am

Hello everyone! It's good to see a lot of familiar names. Most of you already know me, but for those who don't I'm Craig. I haven't had a lot of time for gaming lately and play when I can so I'm pretty far behind in Destiny (currently almost level 18). If you guys see me on and want a bullet magnet on your team send me an invite.
Jughead
Jughead

Back to top Go down

Post by deddycantshoot Wed May 27, 2015 11:37 am

hey craig,good seeing you,as you can tell not much happening on the forums,but we play destiny most nights,get that level on up to around 30 and the real fun begins.
deddycantshoot
deddycantshoot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jughead Wed May 27, 2015 11:47 am

It's been a slow process Laughing . I always get side tracked on bounties and such. I'm working on it though...
Jughead
Jughead

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkTheBark Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:52 pm

Howdy! I like alot of the others, am a migrant from AGA.
I'm Mark, 36, live in the DFW, Texas metroplex, work for a computer help desk, going to school to get an Associate's in computer science, and have a fabulous girlfriend.
I recently got a Xbox One. So I am now officially an owner of the 'big 4', a PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. I have most FPS game, it is just a matter of which console. (But most likely the older ones on 360 and the newer and future ones on PS4. Except for exclusives like Halo 5.)
I have fond memories of playing Black Ops 1 & 2 'with the guys' and complaining about how I didn’t care for the Battlefield series. HA! How times have changed! I now really enjoy Black Ops and Battlefield.
I am up for playing Halo 5, Battlefield 4 and Black Ops 3 (when it comes out). Gaming time is sacred, since my homework schedule is strenuous. I can play pretty much any evening except for Mondays and Wednesdays.
As always my gamertag on Xbox is MarkTheBark and on PSN is MarcusTheBarcus. Hit me up and count me in.

MarkTheBark

Back to top Go down

Post by deddycantshoot Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:08 am

Welcome over mark,as you can tell we don't do much with the forum,but we're still gaming,mostly destiny lately,but blops 3 will be taking over for some of us very soon.
deddycantshoot
deddycantshoot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aggr1103 Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Hey guys,

Long, long, LONG time no talk! Played with some of the AGA guys back during BOPS and BOPS2. School, work, and family sort of took over a couple years ago and I pulled back from gaming. Xbox gamertag - doomsday beaver.

I'm finally getting back in though. Grabbing a PS4 next week during Black Friday. I'm assuming everyone's playing BOPS3. Anyone playing Destiny still? I'm really excited about playing Destiny. I know I'm way behind but look forward to leveling over the holidays.
aggr1103
aggr1103

Back to top Go down

Post by dln1962 Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:31 pm

aggr1103 there are a lot of BLOP3 folks and you can hit me up on destiny with PSN/dln1962

dln1962

Back to top Go down

Post by aggr1103 Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:55 pm

dln1962 wrote:aggr1103 there are a lot of BLOP3 folks and you can hit me up on destiny with PSN/dln1962

Awesome! Thanks man. New a40's showed up today so I'm good to go with a headset. Picking up my PS4 Thanksgiving and should be up and running after that.
aggr1103
aggr1103

Back to top Go down

Post by aggr1103 Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:07 pm

I'm up and running now. Updates for Destiny are downloading. PSN name is Reverend_Beaver.
aggr1103
aggr1103

Back to top Go down

Post by bird Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:10 am

Send me a friend request birdhunter123. I sent one aggr playing black ops right now

bird
Admin

https://gogs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum